Remember years ago when the South Beach Diet was all the rage and those egg bakes were super popular??
Well, the Wifey is bringing ’em back- thanks to a reminder from my Brother in law Andy (yes Andy AGAIN- what can I say- he’s an eggcellent cook) (hee hee)
The beauty of these little poppers is that you can realize personalize them. For example:
Andy uses eggs , mine call for egg substitute. Andy adds peppers and other veggies, mine simply call for cheese.
You can add meat, various veggies- whatever you want. I’m keeping it basic and I’ll let you build if you like.
And while we’re using this baking method, I’m also going to show you how to make my version of the “egg” in the egg mcmuffin- Mc’D’s style.
The best part about both of these is that they are low carb and you can freeze and reheat for breakfast all week long. AND these are the perfect pool/beach party snacks to throw into the cooler…they energize without weighing down your bikini style.
Ready? Let’s get Wife’ed Up!
What You Need/Grocery List :
- a carton of egg substitute and or eggs
- a container of crumbled goat cheese
- a bag of Mexican blend cheese
- PAM spray or butter
- salt and pepper
- a muffin baking tin- I use the disposable kind
- something to pop the eggs out with- I think above is a frosting spreader… real technical , I know.
What To Do:
- pre heat your oven to 350
- spray the muffin pan with PAM or grease with butter
- pour equal amounts of egg mix into each muffin area- NOT all the way to the top – it will expand when it bakes
- sprinkle goat cheese equally into each area, it will sink and mix
- sprinkle Mexican blend on top
- IF USING EGG- crack open and pour entire egg, unmixed into area
- salt and pepper
- bake around 20 mins
- serve with toast, english muffins, salsa/guac/sour cream or simply eat on it’s own and ENJOY!
STEP BY STEP VIDEO COMING SOON