Considering the fact that 40 million Americans fill out NCAA brackets- I’m assuming at least a few of you will watch the games and attend a viewing party or host friends…am I right?
That got me thinking about a recipe that travels well, and is at least SEMI healthy….and this dip is the answer.
I made it for my family over the Christmas holiday as an appetizer and even my brother was a fan, so I tweaked it some more and if I may say- it’s delicious.
Plus, it’s green…just like my team THE MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS!
Slam Dunk Kale Artichoke Dip
What You Need/Grocery List:
- either a can of quartered artichoke heats or a healthy serving of artichokes from the salad bar.
- a bag of spinach and/or a container full of spinach from the salad bar.
- a bunch of kale- I get mine pre chopped from Whole Foods salad bar. You can also buy your own and chop it
- a small container of Greek Yogurt- PLAIN. I like to use the 2% fat version
- 1/2 cup of light mayo
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- a head of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- either a fresh round load of bread or crackers/bread for dipping
- a blender or food processor
- a round or square baking dish- oven safe
What To Do:
- pre heat your oven to 350 degrees, cut off top of garlic and place cut side up , wrapped in tin foil and drizzled with olive oil in the oven for about 30 mins. When the garlic is soft enough to squeeze- it’s done.
- sautee 2 tsp olive oil , kale and spinach for about 5 mins or until everything is “wilted”.
- dump the mixture into a blender, add the artichoke and garlic and pulse until blended
- return this mix to a bowl and add your cheeses, yogurt and mayo- and a dash of salt and pepper as needed- stir until it’s all one happy family
- layer into your baking dish, sprinkle some extra cheese on top
- bake – un covered- for around 25 mins or until the top begins to get golden brown
- (IF USING ROUND LOAF) cut off top, scoop out middle and break or cut into pieces. Pour dip into bowl and serve with pieces for dipping.
- Otherwise- serve with tortilla chips, or crackers and track that bracket without starving!
* STEP BY STEP VIDEO COMING SOON*