Lovers- this year Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday!
Why is this awesome?? Oh well let’s see- A. no flower sending to work contest, B. no being stuck at the office scrolling thru everyone’s sappy social media posts and C. you can cook your hunny or yourself brunch instead of dinner!
Brunch is so much less pressure and usually less expensive. Today we’re tackling a dish that looks super fancy, but it’s not. It’s an omelette dressed up in Spanish gear- aka- a Tortilla de Espanola.
Let’s Get Wife’d Up!
What You Need/Grocery List:
- 10 eggs
- a large baking potato or a few small potatoes
- a small yellow onion
- vegetable oil
- a medium non stick pan
- a large plate or cookie sheet
- a potato peeler
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- *optional- shredded parm cheese
What To Do:
- coat the pan with 1 tsp of oil or so and heat on low
- peel your potato, then slice very thin pieces- try to make them all the same size
- add them to the pan and drizzle another tsp or so of oil over the top evenly. add a dash of salt and pepper. cover and let cook on low while you slice your onion.
- slice your onion in half, then into pieces – NOT chopped cubes. Add them to the potato pan, cover and let cook on low for about 20 mins- turning half way thru.
- combine all your eggs into a bowl, whisk and add about 2 tbs milk, salt and pepper, set aside.
- when your onions and potatoes are soft, (able to break them with a fork- not burned or crunch) take a slotted spoon and transfer them to a bowl. dump eggs on top and mix it all together, add another dash of salt n’pepper and let it sit and get cozy for at least 10 mins.
- since you used a slotted spoon you should still have some oil on the bottom of the pan- thats good. add a little more and turn the heat up super high.
- dump your mixture into the super hot pan and turn to medium /low right away.
- let this sit and cook for about 8 mins, the edges will look cooked with a slightly raw middle.
- when it’s time to flip, DONT freak out. Well, kinda freak out- cause this is the only hard part. Take your cookie sheet or large plate in one hand and grab the handle of the pan with the other. lift the pan and begin to flip as you cover the pan, then turn upside down so the browned side is right side up. Then wiggle the tortilla back into the pan – raw side down.
- as you can see, I made a mess – when you watch the video you will see how much I really messed it up- but the beauty is- it doesn’t have to be perfect, because the egg mixture will re form in the pan once it’s flipped.
- cook or another 4 mins or so. then slide it out onto your cutting board and let it “rest” or sit for 10 mins or so, option to sprinkle more cheese on top.
- slice into triangles and serve with hot sauce or garlic mayo and accept praise , You MASTER Chef!
Also- this keeps very well and is delicious served cold or on a baguette the following day!
VIDEO COMING SOON!
5 thoughts on “Wifey Does Valentine’s Day Brunch!”
Looks so yummy! Will defo try to do this 🙂 thank you!
don’t give up if it gets a little messy 🙂
I had a go! And posted it on my blog hehe! Thank you again!
Pingback: Monday not so fun day >_< & yesterday’s cooking challenge 🙊🙈 | sesamexo