Not to be #basic- BUT OMG YOU GUYS I JUST LITERALLY MADE THE MOST AMAZING SOUP AND IT’S HEALTHY!!
Presenting….a Kale, Potato, Cauliflower soup that’s ; virtually fat-free, vegan and super healthy. Oh and its really flipping good too and beyond easy to make.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- a head of cauliflower- chopped roughly, stems thrown away
- 2 large potatoes – chopped into chunks (see photo later for reference)
- half a yellow onion chopped
- two bunches of kale, with the leaves pulled off stems thrown away, then the leaves are massaged in olive oil to break them down
- 3 or so cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups veggie stock
- around 4 cups of water- or enough to cover the stuff in the pot
- 4 stalks of celery diced
- a lemon cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- a blender
- a big pot
WHAT TO DO:
- heat the pot and dump in the 2tbs of olive oil, the onion and garlic.
*Here’s a quickie on how to chop an onion*
- Let the onion and garlic “sweat” or brown for 2 mins or so, then dump in the cut potatoes, cauliflower, celery, veggie stock and water.
- Now it’s time for a massage…YES! For the kale- sorry- you need to book your own (you deserve it!). After you’ve pulled the leaf from the stem and put all the leaves in a bowl, douse them with olive oil and …well…massage them with clean hands until evenly coated and relaxed.
- Add the kale into the mix and stir. You can salt and pepper with every big stir.
- Once this pot is boiling, turn the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- You’re going to have about 35 mins to do whatever you need to do; set the table, get the blender out, jump in the shower, stalk your crush on instagram- no judgement!
- After about 35-40 mins your potatoes and cauliflower will be nice and soft- it’s time to get that blender ready.
- Transfer equal amounts of stuff and liquid to the blender but ONLY FILL IT 3/4 the way.
- Squeeze the juice of one half of the lemon, add salt and pepper.
- Now puree that stuff like the bad b#$ch you are until it looks even (takes about 30 seconds).
- Now, pour that into a bowl and repeat with remaining soup.
- Serve with bread, crackers or pizza- cause this stuff is GUILT free!!!