There are dozens of restaurants I love in Chicago, but for some reason when date night rolls around- my mind draws a total blank when it comes to choosing a place.
This post is dedicated to *THAT* exact moment.
- Doc B’s– it’s healthy, cozy and not two expensive.
- 25 Degrees– they have outdoor seating when it’s warm and delicious brunch, burgers and salads
- Big Bowl– when we’re in the mood for a healthy stir fry
- Taco Joint– quick, major taco selection and the best street corn I’ve ever tasted.
- Beatrix– try the Straight A salad and potato salad deviled eggs. Great brunch too
- Friends Sushi– unassuming sushi joint with no prevention and lots of rolls to choose from
- El Barco– go when you are in the mood to eat- portions of Mexican and seafood are ginormous
- Volare– the best vodka gnocchi in zee city
- Purple Pig– hands down my favorite restaurant in Chicago- they don’t take resos so put your name in and shop around for a bit
- Hub51– sure you might run into people you’re not interested in socializing with- but the food makes up for it.
- The bar at Shaw’s– way less stuffy than the restaurant side and they always have oyster specials around happy hour time.
- The Bristol- dressed up food without having to dress up
- GT Fish– when you’re in the mood to put on heels but not get too fancy
- The bar at Hugo’s– give me their crab cake, a baked potato, dirty martini and the game and I’m happy
LET’s CELEBRATE (and drop some $)
- Kai Zan– I’m not sure if it’s cause Alex and I had our first dinner date there, or because every time we go back it’s perfection- but I’m a huge fan. Plus- it’s BYOB!
- Bavette’s– good luck trying to get a reso, we like to go early and snag a walk in. I love this place because it’s big food and service in a sexy laid back atmosphere.
- El Ideas– never the same and always memorable.
- Joe’s , Mastero’s and Cut- there’s just something about a steak house
And there you go. There are several other places we love and go to often, but these are at the top of my list right now.