There are literally a zillion ways to make mac and cheese and everyone has their own technique and recipe.
If you haven’t noticed- I like to do things that are fast and easy and this Mac Daddy doesn’t get any more basic- without losing any flavor.
Now, I prefer to use a slow cooker or croc pot because that literally takes no effort- BUT not everyone has those appliances so today I’m sharing a ONE POT recipe. Guys, it’s so easy that it’s almost ridiculous. You will never use a box again- for reals.
I love how the greek yogurt and goat cheese give it a little kick, yet this recipe is still mild enough that your kids and picky friends will love it too.
The way I made it omits a lot of the decadent noise that can make this comfort food so fatty, so you can inhale this (almost) guilt free. HOWEVER- if you don’t care about calories- rock on and add 1/2 cup milk and 2 tbs of butter when you add the goat cheese and greek yogurt.
What You Need:
- a box of macaroni – penne and elbow are my favs
- 3 laughing cow triangles- I used the swiss flavor this time
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella
- 4 tbs greek yogurt
- 2 tbs goat cheese
- a dash of: salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika
- a big spoon for mixing
- a pot and a lid to strain with
What To Do:
- add salt to water and boil
- add entire box to pot and stir about every min for 6 mins- you want this a tad al dente
- drain most of the water out- leave about 1/2 cup in there for the mixing
- add goat cheese and greek yogurt and stir immediately- till the pasta is coated (this is when you’d add the butter and milk if you’re using it)
- add the cheddar and mozzarella and mix
- cover with a lid and turn your burner on low heat, wait a min or so and stir again, let it sit and so on until everything is melty magic
- dash salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprkia- then mix well . dash again with salt, pepper and paprika- DO NOT ADD MORE GARLIC SALT. I did the first time and had to do major damage control- if you do this then add more cheese and 1/2 cup of milk- stir till evenly coated
- serve and watch them die with happiness
MAKE THE MAC DADDY LIKE THE WIFEY: