I LOVE breakfast, but sometimes it just doesn’t make sense to get up and hit the drive thru.
These (not) Risky Biscuit Sandos are simple, quick and taste almost as good as the golden arches. Plus- it’s always fun to dance around in a Men’s dress shirt circa Tom Cruise, right??
What You Need:
- pre made biscuits from the refrigerated area of the super market
- two slices of American cheese, but any cheese will work
- two eggs
- thick ham steak, bacon (turkey & veggie also work) or sausage patty (If You Want)
- hash browns – from the refrigerated area or potatoes that go in the oven
- a bit of oil
- rooster sauce
- salt & pepper
- orange juice, milk or any beverage. Bonus points for champagne & OJ combo
- paper towels
- a small skillet or two
- cookie or baking sheet (non stick)
- plate, napkin, fork, spatula, glass
- an oven or toaster oven
- lots of love
Step By Step (oo baby):
- LAY OUT ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS- I can not stress how important timing is for this one
- pre heat your oven to 325 degrees
- if you’re making your hash browns in a pan then pour a little oil and heat on low. dump the bag of potatoes into the skillet and flatten them down into a giant patty, cover with a lid
- once the oven is hot- slide in the biscuits and set a timer on your i phone
- now you have a few moments to really get set up, get your cheese slices ready and if you’re using meat – check timing on package. Get that out and put the meat on the plate. Make sure your paper towels are ready for blotting
- when your biscuits are 10 mins from being done, heat other skillet on low. flip hash browns and re cover them
- crack two eggs and let them sit in the lightly coated pan, if they don’t look “perfect”- move them around with your spatula to “shape” them. Don’t touch or move them otherwise, until they start to crackle in the pan.
- Pull two biscuits out of the oven, slice in half and place cheese slices on each. Put back in the oven for 1-2mins. Watch the cheese for bubbling/burning.
- Pop the meat (if you’re using it) into the microwave.
- Pour the oj or make the mimosa
- Flip the eggs. (For eggs over medium- cook eggs until the yolks are almost all pale, with a little dark still in there). Take the meat out and blot on paper towel. Pull biscuits out of the oven. Turn the heat off under the hash browns
- place the biscuits on the plate and on the dry half, drizzle a small amount of rooster or other hot sauce. then layer with one egg on top
- Take a small scoop of hash browns and lay them over the cheese side, top that with the meat- if using
- put another scoop of hash browns on the side of the plate and drizzle with rooster sauce (make a heart or smiley face if you’re feelin’ it).
- sprinkle each half with salt and pepper then close it up and serve
- accept kisses and lots of love all day!
Watch me make it step by step: