This magic soup will cure any illness* and is perfect for chilly Football days or movie nights at home.
*it won’t but it will make you feel better!
What You Need:
- a rotissere chicken from your local deli or market
- a bag of egg noodles
- a couple cans of chicken noodle soup or a large container of broth from your local deli or market, with most of the noodles and chicken strained- we’re looking for the liquid.
- a quarter stick of butter
- salt and pepper
- crackers or bread
- a pot with either a top or a strainer
- a bowl
- a fork
- a ladle or big spoon
- lots o love!
Step by Step (ooo baby):
- set out all your stuff
- fill the pot a little over half way with water and turn the heat on high , add a dash of salt
- while you’re waiting for it to boil, take your fork and shred the breast meat off of the chicken into decent sized chunks
- now your water is boiling? cool- time to add the noodles- I use about half the bag. Oh and maybe turn down the heat so the water doesn’t boil over.
- stir the noodles about every min for around 7 mins or until they are soft but not mushy
- strain the water out of the pot with your lid or dump the noodles in the strainer and shake it a few times
- turn your heat to low and add the noodles back in- with a big chunk of the butter and stir till the butter coats the noodles
- add the broth and chicken and stir over low heat until it’s all warm.
- serve with crackers and accept praise!
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: while they slurp it down- shred or take the rest of the chicken off and store it in tupperware or on a plate with foil in the fridge. then throw away the chicken box and the deli soup container/cans, wrap up and store the noodles.
It’s our little secret, right??
WATCH STEP BY STEP HERE.
MAKE IT VEG:
Swap chicken for tofu or chickn’, and use veggie broth in place of chicken. Throw in some cooked carrots to add more substance if you like.