Mother’s Day can be stressful, right?!?
We all want to show our Mom’s some major love, but scoring that “perfect” reservation or cooking a delicious breakfast can seem nearly impossible.
Growing up, my Mom made the best French Toast EVER…and I’ve tried to recreate that delicious dish…and add a Wifey Twist.
This French Toast feast is pretty much guaranteed to be flawless and it’s fun to make with kids. (it involves ripping things with your bare hands!)
PLUS- it’s inexpensive and can be customized for the Mamma in your life.
Ready? Let’s get Wife’d Up: Mother’s Day Style.
The Wifey’s Mother’s Day (or any day) French Toast Casserole
What You Need/Grocery List:
- a loaf of bread. I used Challah bread from my local Plum Market, you can use any variety including; whole wheat, raisin, white bread or even a loaf of stale stuff. tip: if it’s moldy, it ain’t gonna work
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 cup of milk, I used low fat vanilla (can be; skim, full fat, vanilla, almond, soy- I’ve even seen people use Rumchata)
- 3 tsp cinnamon * in the video I only use about 1tsp- but in the batch before I used 3 tbsp and it tasted MUCH better*
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup maple syrup
- a 9 x 13 pan and either butter or Pam spray to grease the pan
- any *extras* you’d like to throw in. Examples: walnuts, bananas, blueberries, raisins…get CRAZY with it.
What To Do:
- set your oven to 425
- grease your pan & pour 1/2 syrup to coat the bottom
- slice your loaf
- then rip apart the slices into about 1 inch pieces- don’t stress over the size- in this case it really doesn’t matter
- crack your eggs in a bowl, add half and half, milk , cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and sugar and mix it with a whisk or fork until combined
- dump your bread pieces into the pan
- dump your egg mix over the bread , slowly and evenly
- take your hands and mush down the bread to make sure every piece has taken an egg bath
- pour 1/2 cup syrup on top
- pop into the oven for 30 mins, check on it-it should be fluffed up. if it’s getting burned, take it out. If it looks ok, let it bake 10 more mins.
- serve with anything you like! Cool Whip, Strawberries, etc.
- Kiss your Mom!
SEE HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO MAKE VIA VIDEO…COMING SOON.