It’s FINALLY warm enough to grill outside here in Chicago, so this week The Wifey Kitchen took the action upstairs to our roof deck- cause nothing says “summer” like grilling.
The first time I tried this salad, it was my friend Lindsay’s version and I swear I wanted to marry her myself. It’s so light and fresh and is the perfect side piece to any main course.
Heck- you can even serve it as the main course and throw some grilled shrimp on top!
My version of this dish can be modified as you like- add and or omit. And per usual, I don’t get super anal with my measuring … I just use common sense and throw in ingredients as I go. And yes, I made things even easier for myself and hit up the salad bar for cucumber and red onion.
Ready? Let’s get Wife’d Up- in the sun!
The Wifey’s Summertime Grilled Corn Salad
What You Need/Grocery List:
- about 6 ears of corn- pre shucked or DIY
- a package of goat cheese
- a package of grape or cherry tomatoes- cut in half
- half a cucumber- sliced into rounds and then cut into fourths
- a pat of butter
- an avocado- cut into chunks
- a small bit of fresh cilantro or about 1/2 tsp of dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup of red onion- finely diced
- a small lime, cut in half
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
What To Do:
- pre heat your grill to medium/low heat
- butter each ear of corn, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- throw corn on the grill, and turn every 5 mins or so until the corn has deepened in golden color and is charred in some spots
- cut your tomatoes in halves, cucumber into fourths, avocado into chunks (hit the video for tutorial), dice your onion, and your cilantro.
- remove corn from grill, BE CAREFUL when you cut corn off the ear
- dump corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, onion, cliantro and squeeze the juice from half a lime onto the mix, give it a few good stirs,add a healthy amount of goat cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- drizzle olive oil, stir until desired amount “glosses” the salad.
- serve and get ready to share the recipe!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO HERE: