Let me start by saying that this post wouldn’t be possible without my Pops.
This is my Dad’s recipe and for as long as I can remember he’s served it at parties and people go WILD for this stuff.
I always imagined it was a super complicated Michelin-esque dessert until I asked him for the recipe and…well let’s just say that it’s so simple that I feel robbed.
But really, a child could make this dish and yet people (including me) beg for it at each one of my family gatherings, so I feel it’s time to share the recipe with the masses.
Ready? Let’s get Wife’d Up!
The Best Fudge Ever
What You Need/Grocery List:
- 1 and 1/2 bags of chocolate chips. My dad is a huge believe that Costco brand is the best
- 1 can of condensed milk. Eagle Brand is my Dad’s brand of choice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ounce of Kahlua (Dad’s fav) , or 1 once of rum or 1 teaspoon of vanilla (which I used for this batch)
- pinch of salt
- cup or so* of chopped nuts – Dad prefers Walnuts or Pecans- *I used about 1/4 cup of walnuts
What To Do:
- dump the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat them for about 1 1/2 mins. DONT LET THEM BURN- KNOW YOUR MICROWAVE POWER PEOPLE
- stir with a spoon, add the butter, heat for another 30 seconds, stir
- add the condensed milk, pinch of salt and *flavor of choice and microwave for another 30 seconds or so. *Kahlua, rum or vanilla
- the mix should be totally melted at this point- if it’s not- heat it for another 30 seconds or so.
- stir until you can’t see any lumps
- take a little butter and grease a plate
- THIS NEXT PART IS DEPENDS ON IF YOU ARE SERVING TO PEOPLE WHO LIKE NUTS OR NOT: if they DONT: pour mix on plate, put in fridge for about an hour, then cut into pieces. IF THEY DO: stir in nuts, pour on plate, place in fridge for about an hour then cut into pieces
- serve, take compliments, give props to The Wifey’s Dad, share recipe!